Put A Little Spring In Your Step And Spruce It Up
With increasing inventory coming on the market, buyers are continuing to offer top dollar but are looking for properties in good condition with a “fresh” look. Even in this brisk market, it’s worth it to take the time to prepare your home. We have so many examples that demonstrate when you go the extra mile, you can list at a higher market price and ultimately achieve a higher sale price and in many cases multiple offers. Here are some simple ways to brighten your home for spring whether you’re considering selling or not.
1. Declutter! This is a terrific opportunity to get rid of items you’re no longer using or enjoying. If you’re not ready to part with many of your things, consider a temporary storage unit.
2. Deep clean! Set aside a significant amount of time or hire a pro, then keep it clean until you close so it’s in great shape for showings. Don’t forget often neglected areas, like heating vents, lightswitch plates, outlet covers, trim, doorframes, grout and caulking.
3. Shine! One thing you absolutely must spring clean if you’re planning on selling your home is the windows, including screens and sills that can look really dingy after a long winter. When your windows sparkle, they’ll let in that gorgeous natural spring sunlight which makes every part of your home look more beautiful.
4. Repair! Patch holes in the walls, replace broken appliances, change burnt out light bulbs.
5. Paint! Many homeowners are surprised by how a new coat of neutral paint can refresh their home. We’re happy to recommend paint colors that will enhance the beauty of your home.
6. Freshen up! Take advantage of the warmer spring temperatures and open your windows as much as possible to help air out your home. This can help remove any odors from paint, cleaning products and/or pets.
7. Boost curb appeal! The first impression is most important and, so consider improving outdoor light fixtures, replacing the mailbox, arranging patio furniture and/or sprucing up the landscaping. Even a few pots of colorful flowers can make a huge difference in welcoming potential buyers. Plants and shrubs could be looking a little overgrown by this time of year, so spend a little time sprucing things up. Especially if you’re planning to list your home for sale, don’t underestimate the power of curb appeal. Invest in professional landscapers, or head to Ridgefield Hardware which has plenty of tools and products to choose from.
If you’re thinking about selling, connect with us today at email@example.com or 203-856-5534. Happy Spring!