Valentine’s Day is coming and offers a fabulous opportunity to show your home a little love! Whether you’re thinking of selling or planning on staying put, have been in your home for years or just moved, there’s always a way to spruce things up. Here are a few of our favorite suggestions depending on your goals and budget:
- The Quick Reboot: Swap in some pillows, new curtains, new drawer pulls, and/or a new rug. Changing it up quickly and easily for a new feel can be so rewarding. Ridgefield has plenty of terrific places to shop local for fun new accessories, like Bella Home, Olley Court and Interiors by Ursula.
- The Edit: Go through your home with different garbage bags for donation centers and the dump. Tag furniture you no longer need or like, then schedule a pickup with ReStore Danbury. As we’ve posted before, we love that they provide an environmentally and socially responsible way to keep good, reusable articles out of the waste stream, while providing funding for Habitat for Humanity’s community improvement work. You’ll be amazed how much cleaner and more spacious your home feels when you simply remove some things!
- The Pick-Me-Up: For a more intense update, paint! New paint in a fresh palette will change the mood of any home. Paint walls or even cabinetry to create a clean updated look. Ridgefield Hardware right on Main Street has hundreds of swatches to bring home and will mix paint samples for you to try. Plus, wallpaper is back in full force with bold patterns and clean lines. And it’s not your grandmother’s wallpaper! Easily removable wallpaper is a huge trend for 2022, and it’s available at retailers from Amazon to Target. Check out these recommendations in Architectural Digest for inspiration
- The Complete Overhaul: Go furniture shopping, hire a decorator, or create new spaces. Out with the old, in with the new! Jill Rae, Molly Hirsch and The Tweaked Home are a few of our favorite local designers and can work with you to create a space you’ll truly love to live in.
- Add Some Sparkle: Create an accent wall or whitewash a fireplace for a new modern look. Ridgefield Supply has plenty of materials to choose from. Check out this fun roundup from BuzzFeed for more suggestions.
- The Simple Life: When in doubt, buy flowers! The classic Valentine’s gift for the person you love is also a lovely way to freshen up your home. Our area has plenty of florists to choose from including Rodier Flowers, right up Main Street from our new Compass office location.
Wishing all of our clients and friends a very happy Valentine’s Day!