End of Summer Staycation Ideas to Enjoy Within Driving Distance of Ridgefield
We still have almost a full month left of summer before school starts and there are so many incredible opportunities for family outings within driving distance of Ridgefield. If you’re looking for some summer fun this month, here are a few of our favorite activities!
1. Pick your own peaches, nectarines and blueberries at Lyman Orchards! They also have an incredible maze of over 350,000 sunflowers to explore.
2. Visit Ambler Farm for outdoor yoga, live music, tomato tastings, farm stand and much more!
3. Registration is open for TriRidgefield on August 29, 2021! If you’re been working out all summer, this could be a great competition for you.
4. Bring the kids to a museum! Until September 6, Connecticut children age 18 and under plus one accompanying Connecticut resident adult can visit participating museums free of charge through the Connecticut Summer at the Museum program.
5. Hike Kent Falls State Park, and don’t forget to pack a picnic.
6. Head to Greenwich Polo Club for public matches every Sunday afternoon.
7. Join a group ride with the Ridgefield Bicycle Sport Club! They hold several each week, and Thirsty Thursdays might be our favorite because they always end someplace fun like Sarah’s Wine Bar.
8. We all scream for ice cream! Ridgefield is home to several fantastic ice cream parlors. We’re partial to our neighbors at Deborah Ann’s Sweet Shop right down Main Street from our office, as well as Ferris Acres Creamery in nearby Newtown where you can see the cows from the pickup window. Click the link above for several more suggestions in our county – we dare you to try them all!
If you need more ideas, check out the Summer Staycation Ideas list we posted at the beginning of the season. Wishing you all a very happy and healthy end of summer here in Ridgefield!